Hola! I’ve been chaotically busy this month, so i kind of slacked on writing a new blog post…
So many exciting things have been happening with Mrs.Clueless and I am so very thankful for everyone’s constant love and support! Not only has my knowledge in the kitchen improved, but I get to meet amazing people everyday that share the same passion that i have.
So, to get to the point here. WHO DOES NOT LOVE DOUGHNUTS?
Well, me. I hate fried doughnuts, they always make me feel sick to my stomach. Also, I failed at making fried doughnuts once because i have no patience whatsoever. So i decided to venture into making baked ones.
I can’t describe how good they taste, and how light and fluffy they are!
Scroll down for the recipe!
Pictures at the bottom…
Ingredients for Doughnuts
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Seeds of 1 vanilla bean ( I like to add more but that’s just me)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Cooking spray ( I use coconut oil cooking spray for the tins)
*This recipe yields around 15.
Method for Doughnuts
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Butter the holes of your doughnut tins and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, blend together melted butter, vegetable oil, sugar and vanilla bean seeds until smooth.
- Blend in eggs one at a time then mix in the vanilla extract.
- Beginning and ending with flour mixture, and working with 3 batches, add 1/3 of the flour mixture alternating with half of the milk and mix just until combined after each addition.
- Add the batter to a piping bag, cut the tip of the bag and pipe the batter into the doughnut holes.
- Bake in the preheated oven around 7 – 8 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into doughnut comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool until lukewarm, then dip in glaze(recipe below) and return them to the wire rack, immediately top with sprinkles if using and allow the glaze to set at room temperature.
Ingredients for Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small pinch salt
- 2 – 3 Tbsp milk
- Food coloring and sprinkles ( you can just add white food colouring to make them look super white)
Method for Glaze
- In a flat bottomed bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, melted butter, vanilla and salt (it will become very thick, don’t worry) then stir in 2 Tbsp of milk, adding additional milk 1 tsp at a time to reach desired consistency (too much milk makes it very runny) and whisk until smooth.
- Tint with food coloring if desired.
- If while you are dipping the doughnuts the glaze sets, either heat it in a microwave for a few seconds or if in my case you do not have a microwave, use a double boiler to reach the consistency that you want.
There you have them! They look wonderful and taste even wonderfuller (that is not a word but this is exactly the word that describes them)
If you have any questions you can always email me here, or send me a DM on Instagram.
Pinch of Love,