After spending the last few days experimenting with fondant, colours, and ugly cakes, i had the urge to make something simple, rustic, and just plain DELICIOUS. I have these amazing peaches which give off an intense aroma every time the fridge is opened so i decided to make a peachy dessert!
Found this recipe online, but i tweaked it around a bit ( as usual )
Ingredients for Tart
- 1 sheet of puffed pastry, thawed for 20 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 large peaches, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons instant pastry cream ( got it from Polygel )
- 6 tablespoons water
Ingredients for Vanilla Glaze
- 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of milk OR heavy cream, more if needed to achieve desired consistency
- Remove 1 sheet of puffed pastry from the freezer; thaw for 15-20 minutes at room temperature, or until it can easily be unfolded without cracking.
- Preheat oven to 200°(C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the egg and water; beat until well combined; set aside.
- Thinly slice peaches and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add in the sugar, salt, cinnamon, and cornstarch; toss well ensuring all peaches and are coated in the cinnamon sugar mix; set aside.
- Mix the instant pastry cream powder with water until you reach a thick consistency.
- Gently unfold the puffed pastry. If its a pressed one, gently roll it.
- Place puffed pastry on prepared baking sheet and with a fork make small holes so it stays crispy while baking.
- Spread the pastry cream on the puffed pastry leaving a 1″ border around the pastry.
- Layer the peach mix on the puffed pastry, leaving a 1″ border around the pastry. Sprinkle the blueberries on top.
- Lightly brush exposed pastry crust with egg wash.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until the crust is puffed up and golden brown and the peaches are tender.
- In a small bowl combine the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and cream; whisk until smooth, adding more cream as needed to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over the tart right before serving.
- Serve warm with vanilla glaze!
There you have it! You can skip the pastry cream part if you want, but i mean it just makes it so much better!
Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you are good to go!
Pinch of Love,