I feel like I haven’t been able to post as much as I would like to this past week! For starts, my furniture is slowly arriving (6 months later) and I finally get to open all my things that have been sitting upstairs in boxes since June.
Also, so many exciting things are happening in regards to my blog which I will be able to share with you when the right time comes!
Now to get to the serious stuff, and that is this chocolate tahini cake, which I recently discovered and instantly fell in love with. It is so rich and decadent, its insane! Inspired by Molly Yeh’s recipe, check out this FABULOUS recipe below!
Chocolate Tahini Cake Ingredients
- 1¾ cup sugar
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup tahini
- ¾ cup espresso
Chocolate Tahini Cake Method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a deep 20x30cm tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, oil, tahini and espresso or boiling water.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Set aside to cool.
Chocolate Tahini Buttercream Ingredients
- 230g butter (1 cup), softened
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa powder
Chocolate Tahini Buttercream Method
- Beat together the butter and tahini until creamy and combined. Gradually add the sifted icing sugar and sifter cocoa and beat to combine. Add the vanilla, salt and cinnamon and beat until well mixed.
There you have it! So simple, delicious, and a perfect treat for anytime of the day! The tahini gives it a unique subtle nutty flavour that enhances the chocolate and makes it super fluffy!
Pinch of Love,