A delicious and super easy dessert or breakfast/brunch idea. You can serve it with honey, maple syrup, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, or just plain cinnamon sugar.
Try to slice your bread into thick slices, at least 4-5cm. If you have thin sandwich bread, that works too.
French Toast (Pain Perdu)
- 5 Slices Brioche bread or soft white sandwich bread you can remove the edges
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml Milk
- 1.5 tbsp Sugar
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a bowl whisk all the ingredients together (minus the bread)
- Heat a non stick pan, add the butter
- Soak the toast for two mins making sure the it gets soaked on both sides, don’t over sog it so it doesn’t break apart
- Fry on each side for 2 min
- Set aside. You can dip the roasts in cinnamon sugar (basically sugar and cinnamon powder mixed together)
- Pour maple syrup or honey and serve warm with fruits