I’ve always loved a good banana bread with chocolate chips! This time I decided to make a healthy version to have for breakfast with my coffee 🙂
Thankfully i had some super ripe bananas in my kitchen, so i looked for a recipe online and tweaked it a bit!
Check it out!
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
- 1¾ cups white whole wheat flour
- Totally optional: ½ cup mix-ins like chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips, raisins, chopped dried fruit, fresh banana slices, flax seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds…
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celsius and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. Some lumps are ok! If you’re adding any additional mix-ins, gently fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. If you’d like a pretty swirled effect, run the tip of a knife across the batter in a zig-zag pattern.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
There you have it, it is absolutely DELICIOUS and full of nutritious ingredients!
Pinch of Love,