The best of both worlds right in time for the holiday baking season! You do not want to share this cake with anyone, so i suggest you double up your batch and hide your own cake.
Ideal cake to take with you to any holiday dinner or gathering!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 Tbsp fresh orange zest
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature (one tbsp white vinegar with one cup milk, left for 5 min)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups fresh cranberries, chopped
Sugared Cranberries Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 175°C and spray a 10-cup bundt pan generously with nonstick spray and sprinkle with flower.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; reserve one tablespoon flour mixture to toss with cranberries.
- Combine sugar and orange zest in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute; combine with butter in a large mixer bowl and beat on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time. Combine buttermilk, orange juice, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating with buttermilk mixture (begin and end with flour mixture), just until incorporated. Toss cranberries with reserved flour mixture and gently fold into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles. Bake for 50 minutes, until cake is golden, springs back to the touch, and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; carefully invert onto rack and cool completely.
- While the cake bakes, make the sugared cranberries (I followed this method from Bakers Royale).
- For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, salt, and orange juice in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake and let set before topping with sugared cranberries and serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
I adapted the recipe from TUTTI DOLCI and edited it to my liking 🙂
Pinch of Love,