Super easy and delicious Lebanese Recipe. Cooked yogurt is a staple in our house, whether it be with kibbe, shish barak or Koussa.
You can always replace the rice with quinoa, or buckwheat for a healthier version.
Koussa B Laban
- 1.5 kg Cored Zucchinis
- 200 g Minced meat (Beef of Lamb)
- 1 cup Rice I use Italian
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp All Spice
- 1 kg Yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp Pinenuts
- 3 tbsp Dry Mint
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- Core your zucchinis.
- Fry minced meat in 2tbsp olive oil, once browned add the spices and the rice (make sure you wash the rice before with warm water). Fry them around for a few mins and remove from fire.
- In a separate pan, using 1tbsp olive oil, fry your pine nuts until golden brown (careful as they burn easily). Add half to the meat and rice mixture.
- While the meat mixture cools, strain the yogurt into a large pot, add the egg and the corn flour. Turn on the heat to low and KEEP STIRRING until the sides start to bubble (10 min), DO NOT STOP STIRRING.
- Once yogurt is done, turn off fire and stuff your zucchinis with the meat mixture.
- Place stuffed zucchinis in a pot and cover with boiling water. Let them simmer for 30 min or until the zucchinis are soft and the rice is cooked.
- Meanwhile, fry the garlic and dry mint in 1tbsp olive oil and add to the yogurt.
- Once zucchinis are done, remove from the pot and add them to the yogurt. Decorate with pine nuts and some more dry mint. Serve with rice.