Comfort food to me is home cooked Lebanese food, whether it be stews (Yakhnat) or stews in oil (Bi Zeit), i absolutely LOVE them and can live on them. They are super healthy and nutritious!
Here’s my grandma’s recipe, NOT to be missed!
Makes about 5 servings 🙂
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil (or vegetable oil, but i never use it)
- 2 Medium white onions chopped finely
- 12 Garlic Cloves + 1 garlic head cut in half (or more depending on you)
- 1Kg fresh loubye, washed and chopped
- 5 Medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tsp seven spices
- Salt and sweet pepper to taste
- 1 Cup tomato sauce
- In a pan, heat your oil and add the onions and sauté them until light brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir them with the onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic cloves and cook them for 2 minutes.
- Add the loubye (beans), stirring them occasionally for about 10 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Add the tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cover with water.
- Cook on low heat for around 25 mins while covered.
There you have it! I prefer eating it cold, but some people like it warm. Either way, it is delicious!
You can eat it with pita bread, or with nothing but your fork.
Pinch of Love,