Lebanon’s summer comes with excess heat and humidity, and the fact that i ate the equivalent of my weight in NYC means I can’t just cool off with ice cream all the time :/
So, i decided to make my own popsicles! I substituted the sugar with honey but for a yummier taste just go for the sugar!
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves
- In a small saucepan, bring water, mint leaves, and sugar to boil, mix well, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Leave the mint leaves until the lemonade cools down to room temperature and then strain them.
- Pour the mixture in a popsicle mold, add the optional sliced pieces of lemon, mint or any fruit to decorate.
- Don’t forget to insert the popsicle sticks!
- Let in the freezer for 8 to 10 hours.
When you want to remove the popsicles, just soak the mold in warm water for 30 seconds. I struggled a bit while trying to remove them until i googled what to do :p
Pinch of Love,