This is LEGIT the best dessert you can make. It is easy, takes literally less than 30 min to prepare, tastes like the REAL DEAL fancy tiramisu, but in fact, it has a little cheat to it 😀
I love preparing this dessert for when we have guests because not only does it taste amazing, if you layer it into a cake it looks fabulous too!
Check the recipe below
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 packet vanilla pudding mix ( I use the Jello brand)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 500g container mascarpone cheese
- 34-40 ladyfingers (depending on size of springform pan, always have double just in case)
- 3 cups brewed espresso or coffee ( I use 6 tbsp of Nescafe for every 3 cups of water)
- 5 tbsp rum ( If you don’t want to add any alcohol you can replace it with 3tbsp of vanilla extract)
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Grease bottom and sides of 8″ or 9″ springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or whisk to beat together milk and vanilla pudding mix. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold vanilla pudding into whipped cream until completely combined, then fold in mascarpone.
- Cut lady fingers to match the height of your springform pan.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together coffee and rum or vanilla extract. Working quickly, gently dip each cut ladyfinger into coffee mixture for 1 second, then stand around ring of springform pan and layer on bottom of pan, cutting ladyfingers to make one even layer.
- Pour half the pie filling over the ladyfinger layer, sprinkle with nescafe powder, and top with another layer of coffee-dipped ladyfingers.
- Pour over remaining half of pie filling.
- Refrigerate until filling is firm, 6 hours.
- Unmold springform pan. Dust top of pie with lots and lots of cocoa powder.
There you have it! You can make it into a cake/pie shape or you can follow the same steps but instead of using a pan you can use individual cups!
Always make sure to leave it for a minimum of 6 hours in the fridge because you really want it to set and hold itself properly.
Pinch of Love,