FINALLY on my blog again! Sorry for disappearing for two weeks but i was moving houses.
I’m finally settled into my new house and i am LOVING it!
I’m sharing with you today after lots of requests, my three layered chocolate cake recipe!
It is absolutely to die for! I had people over for dinner when i made it and it disappeared instantly 😀
You can find the recipe below
Ingredients for Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
Directions for Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare three 7-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.
- For the cake:
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the three prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
You can find the recipe here: Chocolate Cake
For the filling i whipped up some chocolate ganache and spread it between the three layers, as for the coating of the cake, i also used chocolate ganache ( chocolate ganache can be turned into any consistency that you like, for the outside of the cake i let it cool and it became spreadable)
Ingredients For Ganache
Directions For Ganache
1- When making ganache for a cake always have a 1:1 ratio. (1 cup of cream to 1 cup of chocolate)
2- Heat the cream in a pot and pour it over the chocolate. Let it cool
There you have it! If you’re not a fan of dark chocolate, then you can mix milk and dark chocolate for a sweeter and less bitter taste.