I am obsessed with persian food and everything persian. I’ve literally read every book written about their culture. Also, one of my best friends is half persian so I constantly have the best persian food for lunch!
I got bored making basic chocolate chip cookies, i mean, enough. Got inspired from the dried rose buds that i have in my kitchen to make these OUTSTANDING cookies. I mean, i cannot even explain how yummy these are. They are perfect for anytime of the day, with your coffee, your afternoon tea, or for breakfast 😀
Check out the recipe below
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground pistachio nuts
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups icing sugar
- 4 tsp rose water
- 2 tsp milk
- Light pink paste food colouring
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- In a bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Stir in flour, ground pistachios, cardamom and salt until combined.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead 5 times to make the dough smooth. Divide in half and shape into discs; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm but not hard, about 45 minutes.
- Between parchment paper, roll out each disc to 5 mm thickness. Using 5 cm round cutter, cut out shapes ( I just molded them by hand). Place, about 4 cm apart, on parchment paper–lined baking sheets; refrigerate for 30 minutes. ( I skipped this part and directly baked them).
- Bake, 1 sheet at a time, in 160ºC oven until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on pans on racks for 5 minutes; transfer to racks and let cool completely. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.)
- In small bowl, whisk together icing sugar, rose water and milk until smooth. Tint with food coloring, stirring well, until light pink. Spread 1 tsp icing on each cookie; sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Let stand until dry.
You can find the original recipe here: http://bit.ly/1YBmG6i
There you have it! These cookies look really impressive and taste absolutely amazing.
Pinch of Love,