My favourite quiche recipe, its super simple and really tastes exceptional. You can use the mix for any quiche recipe and then add whatever add ons you want.Jump to Recipe
I always use puff pastry for the crust because it just tastes much better and has that flaky buttery texture. Blind baking the crust is a must, or else you will end up with an overly cooked filling and a soggy crust. If you don’t have any ceramic baking beads you can use any dried bean you have (chickpeas etc)
Smoked Salmon Quiche
- 1 sheet Frozen Puff Pastry Thawed
- 4 Eggs
- 1.5 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 drops Tabasco Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Chopped Fresh Dill
- 114 grams Smoked Salmon
- 1.5 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Lightly flour your working surface and roll out the dough ( don’t worry if the rolled out dough is bigger than your baking dish)Place the dough into your dish and trim the sides (or fold them in)Pierce the dough with a fork to let the steam escape and avoid steaming the dough.Add parchment paper on top of the dough and top with baking beads or any dried bean that you have.Bake in oven for 20-25 min
- Meanwhile, whisk all the ingredients in one bowl.
- Once you have done blind baking the pie dough, remove it from the oven and let it stand for 5 min.
- Pour the cream and cheese mixture into the pie dish on top of the dough and make sure the cheese is spread evenly.
- Add the smoked salmon pieces on top and lightly submerge them with your finger.
- Bake the quiche for another 35 min or until it becomes a golden brown.