I always get discouraged when I make chocolate chip cookies, they either come out too hard, too soft, or just lame tasting.
Found this info graphic with a simple recipe which i tried out and they are just AMAZING to the point where I used them to make an ice cream sandwich!
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar ( I would add just half )
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon coarse salt
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- In a bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda. In another bowl, beat butter with both sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in salt, vanilla, and eggs until well combined. Mix in flour mixture until combined well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoon size balls of dough 2 inches apart onto parchment lines baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in center, around 8-10 mins.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
If you want to turn them into ice cream sandwiches, just get a small ice cream pint ( I used Taanayel as they were soooo generous in sending me a lifetime supply of their delicious ice cream 😀 ), cut it in the desired thickness and place it in the middle of two cookies.
There you have it!!
Pinch of Love,