These are EPIC.
For a non sourdough recipe, be patient with me. Will post one soon. If you want to venture into sourdough baking, try getting yourself started with a starter. It’s worth it.
Sourdough Burger Buns
- 170 g Ripe sourdough starter
- 170 g Warm water
- 295 g Strong bread flour
- 14 g Powder milk
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 57 g Softened butter
- 1 Egg yolk beaten with 1 tsp water
- Sesame seeds or any topping
- In a stand mixer combine the starter, butter, water, flour, milk, salt, and sugar
- With the paddle attachment, mix for 3 minutes
- Replace with hook attachment and mix for 10-15 mins or do the windowpane test (when you stretch the dough, it doesn't break and becomes see thru)
- Cover the dough and let it rise in the oven with the light on for around 4 hours. Do a couple of stretches and folds every 2 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, turn the dough and shape into 6 balls (each 120g approx)
- Place the balls onto a lightly greased parchment paper and let them rise for another 4hrs, i let them rise for 2hrs and then left them overnight in the fridge
- Preheat the oven to 190C, remove the buns from fridge. Brush with the egg yolk mix and add your toppings if any
- Bake them for 20-25 mins, until they're golden brown and if you have a thermometer it should read 88C from the middle of the bun
- You can store them in a tupperware or freeze them