The first month after we came back from our honeymoon, i decided to venture into the kitchen and make a cheesecake. It came out still liquidy and crumbling in my hands. TOTAL FAIL…
Yesterday, my husband requested a cheesecake. I have to admit i panicked for a second, but then i realised how far i’ve gotten in the kitchen and it gave me a boost of confidence to go for a second try!
I looked all over the internet for a simple, easy, and delicious recipe. I found a lot, so i decided to mix and match from each recipe to get my own! It’s absolutely mouthwatering!
- 250 g digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 80 g unsalted butter, melted
Cream Cheese Filling :
- 1kg cream cheese, room temperature ( i had around 800 g)
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream**
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp (8g) cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
** Can be substituted with one cup of greek yoghurt.
- Prepare the crust. Preheat oven to 350 F (180C). Crush the biscuits using a food processor until crumbs form. Pour the melted butter over the crumbs. Process until evenly moistened. Press the crumbs mixture with the back of the spoon into the bottom of a 10-inch (26 cm) springform pan (with a removable base). Bake for 13-15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300F (150C).
- Prepare the cream cheese filling. In a large bowl mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, cornstarch and salt and mix until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time until each egg is incorporated. Add vanilla extract, lemon zest and sour cream. Mix until well combined. Try to not overmix the batter to incorporate as little air as possible.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the prepared crust.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave it another hour in the oven. ( Do not skip leaving it for an hour)
- Remove and run a sharp knife around the inside edge of the pan. Let it cool completely at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
I decided to decorate it with raspberries so i made raspberry sauce ( SO EASY) and just poured it on top of the cheesecake, decorated it with fresh raspberries and dusted it with powdered sugar 🙂
For the Raspberry Sauce:
- 4 cups raspberry
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Making the Raspberry Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook for about 10 minutes or until the raspberries are broken down.
- Let it cool and serve over your cheesecake.
There you have it! A DELICIOUS traditional and super easy raspberry cheesecake!
Pinch of love,