Everything we need in life. Drizzle this sauce on your cakes, fill your cookies with them or pour them over your popcorn. Whatever you choose, it’s going to be delicious.
So many recipes, they’re all basically the same. You need sugar, butter, and cream.
Once done, pour the sauce into a glass jar and let it cool before using it.
- 1 cup Sugar 200g
- 6 tbsp butter 90g
- 1/2 cup heavy cream 120ml
- 1 tsp sea salt or any available salt
- Over medium heat, put the sugar in a sauce pan. It will form clumps and eventually melt and brown. It’s preferable you don’t stir, just shake the pan a bit but if you must use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon
- Once it has browned add in the butter and be careful as it might splatter. Mix it in
- Slowly drizzle the cream and allow it to boil for a minute
- Remove from heat and add the salt
- The sauce will thicken as it cools down, store in fridge up to a month